Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Alert message when performing social logins

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Alert message when performing social logins

Posted Oct 09, 2014 06:53 AM

Well, getting there with porting my dev config to the production server. I can now auth using my facebook account. However, on the production box I'm seeing an alert when I authenticate

Session failed for Host=http://localhost:6600/battery, Reason=[get::<easy_perform>, (error=7) Couldn't connect to server]

?

Rgds

Alex

• 2.  RE: Alert message when performing social logins

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 09, 2014 10:57 AM

Usually when that is happens its an issue from guest talking to CPPM. The most common reason I have seen it happen is if you didnt deploy a VM with enough resources. I would suggest a reboot and if it continues can TAC. 

• 3.  RE: Alert message when performing social logins

Posted Oct 09, 2014 11:50 AM

This is our master clearpass server in a cluster. Not in use at the moment, but if I'm rebooting the master server, are there any things I need to do first or in a particular order?

A

• 4.  RE: Alert message when performing social logins

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 09, 2014 11:53 AM
    If it is the pub then you will not be able to create new guests or onboard until it is up.

Just make sure if you have a backup pub that the time is set long enough that it wont roll over during the reboot cycle.

• 5.  RE: Alert message when performing social logins

Posted Oct 10, 2014 10:31 AM

Well rebooted it but seems to have made no difference. :-((, still getting the same error message

• 6.  RE: Alert message when performing social logins

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 11, 2014 12:37 AM
    Please open a TAC case

• 7.  RE: Alert message when performing social logins

Posted Aug 25, 2017 12:28 PM

Hi there,

I am working on an implementation of Clearpass (500 endpoints) and I am receiving a similar error message on the activity log:

Session failed for Host=http://localhost:6600/battery, Reason=[get::<easy_perform>, (error=28) Timeout was reached]

Should I consider the same error origin since the host of the VM has a deficit of two CPUs?

• 8.  RE: Alert message when performing social logins

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 25, 2017 12:30 PM
    You should open a TAC case.

• 9.  RE: Alert message when performing social logins

Posted Aug 25, 2017 03:03 PM

Thank you for the confirmation Capalli.

• 10.  RE: Alert message when performing social logins

Posted Nov 03, 2017 08:28 AM

Jose

Did you fix the isse with TAC?  If so, can you share the root casue? I am having the same issue. Posture enforcement is not working and the alert in access tracker is as below

Sagi

Policy server Session failed for Host=http://localhost:6600/battery, Reason=[get::<easy_perform>, (error=7) Couldn't connect to server].

• 11.  RE: Alert message when performing social logins

Posted Nov 12, 2019 01:59 PM

Having the same issue too. Anyone have any updates on a fix?

Not sure if it's related, but i am getting Online Status: Not Available in Access Tracker Summary log. I do have the accounting tab showing up with correct accounting information..