Security

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Allow guests to access one internal server and printer

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Allow guests to access one internal server and printer

Posted Apr 18, 2012 12:20 PM

We allow access to the web for vistors and deny access to internal reources. I am being asked to allow access to one server and a printer on the internal network while disallowing access to all other internal reources and keeping the access to the web. I created a policies to deny access to the internal reources. I created another policy to allow access to the server and the printer. I put that rule before the deny all internal resources.

• 2.  RE: Allow guests to access one internal server and printer

Posted Apr 18, 2012 12:26 PM

And cannot get to the server or printer

• 3.  RE: Allow guests to access one internal server and printer

Posted Apr 18, 2012 01:03 PM

How about routing, any other firewall involved, NAT needed?

• 4.  RE: Allow guests to access one internal server and printer

Posted Apr 27, 2012 08:57 AM

It goes out to the internet. The public DNS gives the public IP. When it comes back to the server, it goes through a firewall and gets NATed to an internal IP address. In policies, I have all internal networks denied, but allow the IP addresses through before the denies. Do I have to set a static route on the controller to say that the source be the public IP to the destination of internal IP?