Security

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Amazon Alexa & Clearpass API Extention

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Amazon Alexa & Clearpass API Extention

Posted Sep 29, 2016 04:42 AM

I wonder if anyone can help, there is a great Aruba 360 video where a demonstration of Amazon Alexa is shown querying Clearpass for some specific stats.  The same video also includes Kasada authentication.

I would like to duplicate the Amazon Alexa demo within our customer demo lab.  I have found some information at http://alexaskillz.com/skills/clearpass-info/ but nothing within Aruba itself.  When I've searched for the skill on Alexa it finds it but tells me it is region specific.

Is this extention and skill available anywhere, even if I have to recode it locally?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Amazon Alexa & Clearpass API Extention

Posted Sep 30, 2016 02:13 PM

Thanks for your interest in the ClearPass Info Alexa Skill we have been working on. I believe you will need an Amazon account in the US region to access custom Alexa Skills based on the broader availability of the Echo family of products outside of the US being limited.

The Alexa skill is designed to integrate with a ClearPass Extension we developed specifically for this use case. ClearPass Extensions are available to optionally install on top of your ClearPass 6.6 deployment. This is an early release of the Alexa Skill for demostration purposes but we are happy to help you get this setup in your lab environment if you are able to access the Skill in your region.

• 3.  RE: Amazon Alexa & Clearpass API Extention

Posted Oct 04, 2016 11:18 AM

Would love to demostrate this for our next Aruba User's Group, could you provide information on how to integrate?   I have the skill loaded, but my partner credentials will not allow me to link account.   Also if I need to load extension on our CPPM node, please advise how and how to reference that node as a target.

• 4.  RE: Amazon Alexa & Clearpass API Extention

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 04, 2016 11:20 AM
    Contact your Aruba SE.

• 5.  RE: Amazon Alexa & Clearpass API Extention

Posted Oct 06, 2016 04:15 PM

We are in the process of getting IT to enable partner and customer logins for the Alexa Skill activation. Hoping to get this done in the next week. From there you can work with your Aruba SE to get the Extension installed on your ClearPass deployment.