Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Amigopod 3.7 - Account Expiry Email

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Amigopod 3.7 - Account Expiry Email

Posted Dec 17, 2012 11:19 AM

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of setting up some form of warning that was emailed to users before their account expires (maybe a week in advance)? We have a form configured to allow users to manually extend their accounts, but currently have no warning mechanism.

We're currently running v3.9, and from what I have seen we have an option to warn users when the session is going to time out, but I'm not sure that is entirely what we're after.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards

Matt

• 2.  RE: Amigopod 3.7 - Account Expiry Email

Posted Dec 18, 2012 11:53 PM

The session expiration warning is sent to logged in users before their session ends.

There is no built-in way to notify all users via email, regardless of whether they are logged in or not.  One possibility you do have is creating a report that lists the usernames and email addresses of users who have an expiry time in the near future.  You could run this report daily and send an email to the list.