Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Amigopod ... Passing secure.arubaneworks.com, how to change?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Amigopod ... Passing secure.arubaneworks.com, how to change?

Posted Jun 15, 2012 02:41 PM

I have been beating my head against the wall.  Where do I change the way SSL cert gets passed from amigopod to the controller so that secure.arubanetworks.com is not the ssl being used.  I have the correct ssl's on amigopod and the controller, but for some reason I get a cert error for people who register.

• 2.  RE: Amigopod ... Passing secure.arubaneworks.com, how to change?

Posted Jun 15, 2012 03:10 PM

the securelogin.arubanetworks.com is what is included in the Common Name (CN) on the SSL certificate installed on the controller for the internal captive portal server. If you replace the default server ceritificate on the controller with a new commerical or private certificate, the CN of this certificate should be used moving forward.

• 3.  RE: Amigopod ... Passing secure.arubaneworks.com, how to change?

Posted Jun 15, 2012 03:12 PM

I did change the cert on the controller and amigopod.  They come up correct when I go direct to those devices, but with guest auth and approval I get the secure.arubanetworks.com instead and have no idea where it is coming from.

• 4.  RE: Amigopod ... Passing secure.arubaneworks.com, how to change?

Posted Jun 18, 2012 07:40 AM
      |   view attached

When is you see the securlogon.arubanetworks.com name?   Is it in the URL field?  Is it the actual certificate being used?

• Check what is populated in the Address field of your web login (see attached file).  
    • Confirm that you have changed both the WebUI (if desired) and the Captive Portal certificate (in the Configuration -->Management/General section)
    • Confirm that you have done this on eachn controller that will have Captive Portal users

• 5.  RE: Amigopod ... Passing secure.arubaneworks.com, how to change?

Posted Jun 20, 2012 05:04 AM

Hi Clembo,

Do I understand you correct if I say that I can request one public SSL certificate with a CN of securelogin.arubanetworks.com for all my controllers if I use the field show in the amigo-securelogon.jpg screenprint?

Johan

• 6.  RE: Amigopod ... Passing secure.arubaneworks.com, how to change?

Posted Jun 25, 2012 11:26 AM

The controllers should all have a public cert for securelogin.arubanetworks.com by default.   

• 7.  RE: Amigopod ... Passing secure.arubaneworks.com, how to change?

Posted Jun 26, 2012 03:09 AM

Hi Clembo,

Thanks for your reply. What I mean is, when I request one third party certificate for all my controllers (from Verisign, Comodo or whatsoever) does this one certificate work on all my controllers, and could this be accomplished by requesting the certificate for securelogin.arubanetworks.com.

Johan