Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Amigopod and self registration

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Amigopod and self registration

Posted Jan 12, 2012 09:54 AM

I'm configuring Amigipod with self registration and everything works fine, however after the user types in their e-mail address, the password is displayed on the screen. In that configuration, the user could type in any e-mail address and get access to the network. We want to configure the self registration so instead of the password being on the screen, it would only be e-mailed to the user, so it needs to be a legitimate e-mail address. I didn't see that in any of the documentation, does anyone know if that configuration is possible? 

Bob 

• 2.  RE: Amigopod and self registration

Posted Jan 12, 2012 10:10 AM

This is definately possible.  To set up your "receipt" options, goto Customization>Guest Self Registration, select your page, and click "Edit".  In the page that comes up click "Receipt Page", on that page towards the bottom check "Do Not Include Guest Receipt Contents", then "Save and Continue".  On the next page you can choose the options for delivery of the guest credentials.

Regards, 

Austin

• 3.  RE: Amigopod and self registration

Posted Jan 31, 2012 07:06 AM

I was on the same boat, I also checked the "Do Not Include Guest Receipt Contents" and now I no longer see the account info being displayed on the registration receipt page which is great.

I added the mobile # field on the login page and made it a mandatory field, the client gets an SMS with the account info BUT  I'm no longer seeing the "Login" button on the receipt page. clients are now "stuck" on the receipt page.

I looked on the guest_register_receipt and notice the submit field is now set to "null".  I created a new submit filed but can't add it to the guest_register_receipt form.

Any idea?

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Amigopod and self registration

Posted Jan 31, 2012 02:33 PM

This's what I was talking about, user completed registration and SMS was received, but no login button.

no-login.png

• 5.  RE: Amigopod and self registration

Posted Feb 01, 2012 07:10 AM

Got the submit button issue resolved, I just created a custom hyperlink on the footer of the receipt page.

• 6.  RE: Amigopod and self registration

Posted Feb 01, 2012 02:21 PM

opers13,

Make sure you have the Enable NAS Login option checked in the Guest Self Registration configuration. This is what will enble the display of the login button. The option will cache the login credentials and automatically submit them for a transparent login to the guest network.

enable nas login.jpg

Although if you are trying to verify that a valid email address is being submitted you might prefer to display a link to the login page so they are forced to recover the password from the email receipt.

• 7.  RE: Amigopod and self registration

Posted Feb 01, 2012 02:50 PM

Cam,

I got it working with the hyperlink pointing to the login page(since I want the clients to verify email/apssword). 

Also what I did yesterday was to uncheck "do not include guest receipt contents" and go into the guest_register_receipt form and hide all fields except the login button.  That also worked but like you mentioned, it automatically logins the client.

Thanks

• 8.  RE: Amigopod and self registration

Posted Feb 02, 2012 11:19 AM

opers13,

Good to hear it is all working now. You certainly went down the right track of setting the user / password fields as hidden. Sometimes people accidently disable these fields and this results in the user credentials not being avaialble for the automatic cached login or display in the email or SMS receipts.

Hope your guests enjoy their slick user experience.

Cam.

• 9.  RE: Amigopod and self registration

Posted Jan 12, 2012 10:24 AM

Austin, 

Thanks for the help, that worked great. I kept on looking on the receipts action page and I didn't notice that box in the previous page.

Bob