Security

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Amigopod in redundancy mode

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Amigopod in redundancy mode

Posted Jan 23, 2012 02:21 PM

How do you setup for your Amigopod in redundancy mode? Active/Standby?Active/Active? What's your recommendation?

• 2.  RE: Amigopod in redundancy mode

Posted Jan 23, 2012 02:33 PM

Good question.

Scanning through the Amigopod Deplyment Guide v3.5 I see the chapter regarding High Availability Services. Have you read this? Gives quite clear details regarding the setup and configuration needed.

Now - would this also need a double set of user licenses?

• 3.  RE: Amigopod in redundancy mode

Posted Jan 23, 2012 02:52 PM

We don't have Amigopod yet but going to deploy in a month or so. Thanks for giving the tip about the documents in Aruba. I read the High Aval document. It seems like cluster mode will only have one server running and failover to second one if primary down. 

• 4.  RE: Amigopod in redundancy mode

Posted Jan 23, 2012 02:53 PM

yes do i need double set of user license?

• 5.  RE: Amigopod in redundancy mode

Posted Jan 25, 2012 04:40 PM

No doubling of licensing is needed, only a HA license.  Its an Aruba product, but doesn't have the controller licensing hierchy. 

• 6.  RE: Amigopod in redundancy mode
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 26, 2012 01:28 AM

Hi, just to confirm that is correct, you dont need to purchase second user licenses for HA appliances, just a comparable model of HW/VM starter kit (the HA plugin is built into all HW/VM appliances

Carlos