Security

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Amigopod interfaces tied to the same VMnet

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Amigopod interfaces tied to the same VMnet

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 03, 2012 02:26 PM

Hi guys

I am trying to deploy an Amigopod demo at a customer site with the following scenario:

• We're deploying Amigopod on a VMware Player virtual machine.
    • Both interfaces are configured as "bridged"
    • Each VMnet interface is tied to a different physical interface

I've been running quite a few tests and have come to the conclusion that both MNG and LAN interfaces are tied to the same virtual interface (VMnet0).

Has any of you guys faced this problem. I'd very much appreciate if you could give me any tip.

Regards

• 2.  RE: Amigopod interfaces tied to the same VMnet

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 03, 2012 04:33 PM

I ran into a similar issue with VMWare Server. The trick is taking it beyond what VMWare wants you to do. My issue was adding more VLANs. Not sure this will help in your situation.

Let me know if you want the info on how to do that.

Otherwise, I you will probably need to look into the Virtual Network Editor (I believe that also exists in VM Player). Also, take a look at the following file:

C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware Server
    etmap.conf

Just open it up with notepad and have a look. Here is the readable version of what I put in mine:

# This file is automatically generated.
    # Hand-editing this file is not recommended.
    network0.name = "Bridged999"
    network0.device = "vmnet0"
    network1.name = "Bridged600"
    network1.device = "vmnet1"
    network2.name = "Bridged601"
    network2.device = "vmnet2"

This corresponds to what I setup in Virtual Network Editor (don't forget to run-as administrator when opening it). Attached is how my setup looks in VNE. Then, after restarting, in the VM Setup in VMWare Server, I can now choose Bridged999, Bridged600, or Bridged601 as the network adapter. Though I guess I removed the 601 Adapter (see attached image).

vmware_vne.JPG

Hope this helps.