Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Amigopod login page - password not in clear text

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Amigopod login page - password not in clear text

Posted May 17, 2012 12:44 PM

Hi All,

I noticed that Amigopod will stores the password in the log based on clear text. is there any way to encrypt the user password ?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Amigopod login page - password not in clear text

Posted May 17, 2012 12:53 PM

Your only choice would be to prevent Amigopod from storing the password in the log at all. Go to Customization->Guest Manager and make sure password logging is unchecked.

• 3.  RE: Amigopod login page - password not in clear text

Posted May 17, 2012 01:09 PM

Thanks Avidal, but this will this also applicable if we turn on the Radius debug  ?

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Amigopod login page - password not in clear text

Posted May 17, 2012 01:19 PM

The password will stil be visible from RADIUS debug. There is currently no way to change that.

• 5.  RE: Amigopod login page - password not in clear text

Posted May 17, 2012 01:30 PM

Thanks Avidal,

So Can i confirm that if im using LDAP authentication on the Amigopod, there is no way for me to remove the password on the system log / Application log for debug massage ?

if that the case, can i exclude debug massage from the system log / application log ?

Thanks

• 6.  RE: Amigopod login page - password not in clear text

Posted May 17, 2012 01:34 PM

Can you tell me more about your deployment? Is this a captive portal or 802.1x deployment?

• 7.  RE: Amigopod login page - password not in clear text

Posted May 17, 2012 02:03 PM

Hi Avidal

The current setup is users will be connected to captive portal, and they need to input their LDAP username and password to authenticate with Amigopod.

On the Amigpod Radius config i have configured to authentication servers to check with current AD with LDAP connection.

i do not want the the password to be log on the debug massage as currently happening now.

Thanks

• 8.  RE: Amigopod login page - password not in clear text
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 01, 2012 02:25 PM

I have tested on mine and when I unchecked the Customization->Guest Manager->Password Logging option, I no longer see passwords being logged to the System Event logs when debugging is turned on.

• 9.  RE: Amigopod login page - password not in clear text
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 10, 2012 06:53 AM

Thanks