Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Android Onboard

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Android Onboard

Posted Apr 12, 2013 07:05 AM

I recenetly deployed Clearpass for 5,000 users.  For the most part it is working extremely well.  However, I am running into one issue on some androids and I was wondering if anybody has any ideas that I can try.  So far I have seen it on the Nexus 7 and Galaxy Tab 2 they go thru the whole onboarding process and then at the end when the device tries to connect to the Wireless they get this message.

There was an error in configuring your device.  Error message from Onboard server.  This device is not authorized to use this service.
    Server reject Authorization 80090308: Ldaperr: Dsid-0C0903A9. Comment Accept Securitycontext error, data 52e v1db1

It makes it sound like the Onboard server is denying the Android from connecting but I can't seem to find out where?  Any Ideas?

• 2.  RE: Android Onboard

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 12, 2013 07:17 AM

Do you see any messages in the access tracker?

• 3.  RE: Android Onboard

Posted Apr 12, 2013 08:04 AM

Now that you mention it I see this.

Alert Page:

Error Category:
    Authentication failure
    Error Message:
    User authentication failed
                                        Alerts for this Request                    

RADIUS

ActiveDirectory - domaincontrol1.ad.sjredwings.org: Bind as user failed PAP: Authentication failed

• 4.  RE: Android Onboard
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 12, 2013 08:06 AM

Guys scratch this.  I looked for resolutions on this all night and the customer just got back to me this morning and said the AD account was disabled.  So Clearpass was doing what it was suppossed to do.  Sorry for the inconveience.  And as always thank you Joseph for your prompt response.