Security

New Contributor

Android Onboarding with QuickConnect

Hello All,

We have an open network where users initially connect to onboard their devices.

I have allowed access to the below URLs so users can download the quickconnect APP for the playstore, the issue is some users can and some can't.

*.ggpht.com

*.play.googleapis.com

*.gvt1.com

www.googleapis.com

android.clients.google.com

play.google.com

Another problem is when allowing these URLs, users can access youtube through the APP !!!

is there anyway to resolve this issue ?

also if there is a way to upload the APK on clearpass and change the download URL in the onboard page to go to clearpass instead of the google play

Thanks

Guru Elite

Re: Android Onboarding with QuickConnect

Be sure you're using the most up to date list.

https://github.com/aruba/clearpass-cloud-service-whitelists/blob/master/onboard/onboard_android.md

Due to the way Google has implemented their CDNs, some Google sites will be accessible.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
New Contributor

Thanks so much for the reply.

I will try and test it out and let you know, but is there a way to block youtube as well ?

and do you recommend uploading the APK to clearpass and customizing the page to download locally from clearpass (lot of work and no documentation) ?

Guru Elite

No you can't.

Uploading the APK is not recommended as users have to bypass security restrictions on their device. Please do not do this.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
New Contributor

Ok sounds good, will not think about the APK thing.

I know not aruba issue, google way but youtube access before authenticating is really disappointing.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: