Security

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Android

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Android

Posted Nov 04, 2014 04:18 AM

Dear all CPPM experts, i'm getting the problem like this

1. I'm using CPPM version 6.2.6 with onboard + guest + cppm

2. Problem is some android mobile phone can't connect to onboard with this error

"EAP-PEAP: fatal alert by client - bad_certificate". But most android can successfully connected.

3. I captured picture from access tracker for user "tdp_tfm06" when connected with android mobile phone and got above error.

4. Android phone detail are like these:

samsung GT-I8552B : GALAXY GRAND Android 4.1.2

5. I fixed with "default factory" mobile and it can work. But the customer want aruba advice some solution else that can fix by not default factory mobile.

So could you please advice how to do it by not default factory mobile? Or anyone used to get this problem ,please advice me too.

• 2.  RE: Android

Posted Nov 04, 2014 10:51 AM

Hi Casnov999,

Have you taken a look at Aruba QuickConnect? I have a client with a ton of Android devices and they use QuickConnect to correctly provision and setup the networking settings on their Android devices.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/products/DS_ClearPass_QuickConnect.pdf

I've set it up before if there are any questons.

-Mike

• 3.  RE: Android

Posted Nov 04, 2014 10:56 PM

Yes i've already used Quick connect and the problem occured after passing the quick connect step. It's look like the last TLS step that android can't use certificate to authenticate with CPPM. But i'm not sure too why??

@boston1630 wrote:

Hi Casnov999,

Have you taken a look at Aruba QuickConnect? I have a client with a ton of Android devices and they use QuickConnect to correctly provision and setup the networking settings on their Android devices.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/products/DS_ClearPass_QuickConnect.pdf

I've set it up before if there are any questons.

-Mike

• 4.  RE: Android

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 04, 2014 11:09 PM
    Please open a TAC case so they can look into the device and CPPM logs. With so many device types and os versions there might just be an issue with that android version.