Security

Contributor I

Another AAA profile user derivation rule question

Are there options to store user derivation rules within radius attributes or some other method of using them instead of entering them on the controller in the "user rules" section of the AAA profile?  I am setting options based on mac address before the user authenticates.

Guru Elite

Re: Another AAA profile user derivation rule question

You would just simply return the role or VLAN via RADIUS. No need for UDRs.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Guru Elite

abowen500 wrote:

Are there options to store user derivation rules within radius attributes or some other method of using them instead of entering them on the controller in the "user rules" section of the AAA profile?  I am setting options based on mac address before the user authenticates.

The short answer is yes, but the long answer will depend on what you are using user rules for.  What are you using the user derivation rules for?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

I'm using them to set vlan and user role based on the client mac address.

Guru Elite

Are you using authentication via radius for users?  Why don't you set the VLAN by AD group, instead writing a rule for each mac address?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

Please see the post here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Assigning-users-different-vlan-subnet-based-on-AD-group/m-p/61082/highlight/true#M2011

Colin Joseph

Contributor I

Prefer to use our perfectly capable Linux radius environment, our AD environment has proven to be inflexible by design and personnel. But I hear you.
Guru Elite

Okay, then you need to return the Aruba-User-Vlan Attribute to set the VLAN for users in your radius response.  If you are using Freeradius, you can import the Aruba VSA dictionary here:  https://support.arubanetworks.com/ToolsResources/tabid/76/DMXModule/514/EntryId/115/Default.aspx

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: