Security

Contributor II

Apple TV Airplay use over corporate netwroks

Hello,

Our director would like to use Applte TV to project files from his iPad into the projector during his and the CEO's presentation. We are a big company with 5000 users.

I've tested this at home and it works first time without any hassle. However, at work, I've tried this in the lab on our corporate network and the devices can see each other and everything, however when I click on the airplay and mirror option, nothing is happening.

I'm aware of the AirGroup which is a new product that Aruba has released that will simplify this process and the management are looking into purchasing this sometime in the future. However, I would like to see if I can get this up and running without the AirGroup solution.

Has anyone tried this without and worked for them?

I read loads of documentation on this and read about the risks of enabling muliticasts and broadcasts, but because this is in the lab environment I don't see any harm in testing it.

Many thanks,

H

Guru Elite

Re: Apple TV Airplay use over corporate netwroks

Is the Apple TV and Ipad on the same subnet?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Do you have Deny User Traffic/Bridging checked?   Even with that option checked, you'll still see the devices thanks to the magic of Bonjour, but will be unable to connect.

A "cheap" fix is to have the AppleTV wired into the same VLAN.

Contributor II

Hello,

yes they are in the same subnet.

I just came across this thread and this is exactly what I'm experiencing:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/ArubaOS-and-Mobility-Controllers/AirPlay-mirroring/m-p/28980/highlight/false#M2417

I'm trying to see where I can enable IPv6. I will do this in the lab because i don't want it to affect the corporate WLAN should it have any implications on other WLAN SSIDs.

many thanks,

New Contributor

We have a few Apple TV's here and what we have found is as long as they are on the same SSID that uses the same vlan pool (multiple sites using the same ssid but seperate vlans pools per building) they work just great even if the ip ranges cross so in my case using 2 class C's the Apple TV is 10.50.45.50 and the ipad is 10.50.44.230 as long as the 10.50.45.x and 10.50.44.x are part of the same vlan pool it works fine. 

Contributor II

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. I've put the devices in an SSID with only the one vlan/subnet, and I still cannot get it to work.

:(

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: