Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Apple device Certificate error with clearpass?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Apple device Certificate error with clearpass?

Posted Nov 19, 2015 03:27 AM

I have apple device giving certficate error while they have a public signed certficate

• 2.  RE: Apple device Certificate error with clearpass?

Posted Nov 19, 2015 03:46 AM

There is no guarantee that having a public SSL certificate won't give warning when connecting on https. I've had customers complain about this and found that even tho the root CA cert is in the device trusted certificate store, but the intermedia isn't and this triggers the error.

So to avoid the error you need a certificate with a chain where all certs in the chain is validated to all devices.

Another thing is to open up for OCSP validation so the device can validate the chain. You do this by finding the ocsp URL's for you cert/-chain and whitelist those sites in the pre-auth role..

• 3.  RE: Apple device Certificate error with clearpass?

Posted Nov 19, 2015 04:00 AM

Thank you will try and feed you back

• 4.  RE: Apple device Certificate error with clearpass?

Posted Nov 19, 2015 08:16 AM

Please tell me how to make clearpass guest certficate to be issued as trusteed certficate in the apple device cause it it is a public cert.

• 5.  RE: Apple device Certificate error with clearpass?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 19, 2015 08:35 AM
    Did you chain your certificate?
    Is the root CA on Apple's trust list?

Sent from Nine