Security

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba ClearPass 6.3 Eval - vm deployment

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba ClearPass 6.3 Eval - vm deployment

Posted Jul 25, 2014 01:18 AM

Ladies & Gents,

maybe someone can help me out with the following issue. I tried to deploy the clearpass evaluation vm with my small ESXi 5.5 lab. Once the machine was deployed and started I was asked to attach a 2nd hard disk - what I did - I have added a 2nd SCSI disk with 80 gig space.

I started the virtual machine again and after confirming that all data on the 2nd hard disk is getting erased nothing really happens. The installation procedure stops at:

EXT4-fs (sdb1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts:

Capture.PNG

I tried the usual checking already, attached an IDE instead of SCSI disk, reboot, re-deploy, various sizes of the disks, wait for 2hours, changing the vm hw version from 7 to 9 and 10. But nothing helped so far.

Any hints are much appreciated!

Thanks,

Maik

• 2.  RE: Aruba ClearPass 6.3 Eval - vm deployment
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 25, 2014 01:23 AM
    Depending on your processing power and Ram it might take awhile for it to load. I have seen it take up to 30 min on a slow hardware with just the min. requirements.

• 3.  RE: Aruba ClearPass 6.3 Eval - vm deployment

Posted Jul 25, 2014 01:53 AM

Patience is a virtue - thanks for that tarnold, works! :)