Security

Aruba Controller > HTTP POST > ClearPass Guest (Nothing on Access Tracker?)

Hi AirHeads,

Im facing some issue with simple Aruba controller captive<> ClearPass guest auth.

When using the Clearpass guest page that i created, I cant see the  POST arrving to the ACCESS TRACKER .... (**When testing with local aruba captive page - i do see the POST arrving to the ACCESS TRACKER**)

Im using normal (and default clearpass guest)

guest can see the login page,but when entering details, I cant see the POST getting to the CPPM and they get "invalid u/p" (Even due the CPPM configure as needed as server-group under the L3 auth profile)

Im using HTTP (not https) and i configure all the needed arugements under the guest module in order for it work in HTTP,screenshot attached.

Can some please advise me what im missing here? (BTW: IF IM CREATING USER VIA THE SELF REG PAGE I CREATED I DO ABLE TO LOGIN DIRECTLY AFTER GETTING THE PASS/RECEPIT PAGE)

i spent 8 hours to try to figure it out. why from the login page itself

(not self-reg) i cant see the POST of the u/p getting to the ACCESS TRACKER at all . (Really simple config/except that it's HTTP and not HTTPS)

22.jpg11.jpg

*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************

Re: Aruba Controller > HTTP POST > ClearPass Guest (Nothing on Access Tracker?)

Are you still using the default certificate on the Aruba Controllers for captive portal or did you upload your own? The general workflow is that after user clicks Login on guest receipt page, ClearPass Guest does HTTP POST to controller, then controller initiates RADIUS request to Policy Manager and you see that in Access Tracker. Sounds to me like the initial POST is not reaching the controller. Can you run pcap on controller interface and see if its receiving the HTTP POST from ClearPass? Also, in captive portal profile on controller, do you have HTTP authentication and user login checked?

#AirheadsMobile

Thank you.

Michael Haring | AIS Consultant
Architecture and Implementation Solutions
Optiv Security Inc. | www.optiv.com

Re: Aruba Controller > HTTP POST > ClearPass Guest (Nothing on Access Tracker?)

I manged to fix the issue.

it was HTTPS configure in one of the pages that cause all the process not to be flawless as CPPM-GUEST is :)

Thanks for the assistance.

*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: