Security

MVP

Re: Aruba - your updater just killed Clearpass 6.6.7+ worldwide?!

Hi,

I think you cannot do the "check status now" from CLI, but you can
upload it downloading it from support.arubanetworks.com

found this:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/tkb/articleprintpage/tkb-id/AAANACGuestAccessBYOD/article-id/342

Have a look onto it, or call directly TAC if nobody else replies in
Airheads.

Once it is completed:
[appadmin@cppm01]# service status cpass-policy-server
Policy server [ cpass-policy-server ] is running

[appadmin@cppm01]# service  restart cpass-policy-server

Stopping cpass-policy-server:                              [  OK ]
Starting cpass-policy-server:                              [  OK ]
Regards,
Borja
ACMX #567 //ACCP//CWNA//CWAP
Aruba Employee

Hi,

This particluar AV/AS update can not be performed from CLI. The server will cehck for this online uopdate every one hour. So, you servers may already be updated to fixed version.

Try restarting the policy server from cli and check the status
#service restart cpass-policy-server

Please contact TAC if the serivice restart fail.

Thank you,
Saravanan Rajagopal

**Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution" in the bottom right hand corner of the post.
Occasional Contributor I

This is ridiculous Aruba...  I'm glad I'm visiting your HQ in a few days.  Expect a sh!tstorm coming your way. 

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Hi Everone,

ClearPass team releases Posture and Profile Data Updates online and the server checks for these updates 
on an hourly basis.

The Posture and Profile Data update version 1.48743 which was released today had caused the Policy Service to crash causing authentication issues.

ClearPass team has released an update 1.48751 which has resolved the issue.

Please ensure that the update 1.48751 is installed and the Policy Service is running on all the servers in the cluster, by following the below stated steps.

·         To install AV/AS Update version 1.48751, Please navigate to ClearPass Policy Manager GUI àAdministration à Agents and Software Updates à Software Updates page à Click on 'Check Status Now".

·         Please navigate to ClearPass Policy Manager GUI à Administration à Server Manager à Server Configuration à Click on the name of the server à Services Control à Check for the status of the Policy server.

·         If the status is Stopped, please click on the Start button next to it, to start the service.

Thank you,
Saravanan Rajagopal

**Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution" in the bottom right hand corner of the post.
MVP

I too am unhappy that I have had to drive in to work to reboot a server (or so) and force an update to get folks back online, yet feel it needs saying:

Aruba has been updating the AV/AntiSpyware bits for years, and this is the first time they've had an issue I noticed.

That's around .9995 uptime - if only my other vendors were that good!

[I'm counting one day in slightly over 5 years, when I should be counting about 4 hours, so I've cast them in a terrible light ;) ]

--Matthew

if I've helped, please give kudos
if I've provided a solution, please mark the solution so others can find it

Received an emergency call during night and woke up to our 6 Clearpass servers not authenticating anything because RADIUS requests weren't categorized. I'm really surprised that the antivirus updates can cause a crash on the policy manager.

With today's IOT and IIOT (Industrial), we manage it using Clearpass. This resulted in downtime on assembly lines worldwide + employees and customers.

I hope an official communication will be sent soon...

ACMP, ACCP, BCNE
New Contributor

Same here, we are on the HealthCare industry and had all 4 CPPM servers down with more than 15,000+ clients failing to authenticate throughout the enterprise.

Im wondering if we could have an option to choose when to install those updates, similar to the Firmware and Patch Updates.

Imagine how stressfull this was for us when dealing with patient lives.

Thanks,

Andres P.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: