Security

MVP

Aruba - your updater just killed Clearpass 6.6.7+ worldwide?!

Between 9am and 10am GMT+1 I just got a storm of calls from many of my Clearpass customers. "things" stopped working. Policy Service stopped and can't be restarted.

Looking at the Even Viewer I see that there was a Update pushed seconds before the policy service stopped.

I confirmed the same incident at several customers (5+). In my lab I don't have an active sub - and thus I don't have the problem there.. Also confirmed with other partners working with Clearpass.

So.. This is scary as *****. On the phone with TAC now..

Regards
John Solberg

-ACMX #316 :: ACCP ::
ACSA :: Working on my ACCX!!
Intelecom - Norway
----------------------------
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!
GLD
New Contributor

Re: Aruba - your updater just killed Clearpass - worldwide?!

Hi John,

Here in The Netherlands we are having the same problem. 1500 clients down in a educational environment! :-/

Can somebody help us to pick up the phone? The supportdesk is overloaded!

I hope that HPE can fix this quickly!!

New Contributor

Re: Aruba - your updater just killed Clearpass 6.6.7+ worldwide?!

Think they've just fixed it.. latest release has it working now.

MVP

Yes, Patch 1.48751 fixed it for both 6.6.7 and 6.6.8. Need to "Check Status now" and start the Policy Server service.. *phew* Still - we have many customers which will need some answers and assurances that this will not happen again..

Regards
John Solberg

-ACMX #316 :: ACCP ::
ACSA :: Working on my ACCX!!
Intelecom - Norway
----------------------------
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!
New Contributor

Agreed.. They shouldn't be pushing out updates without testing them. Not good considering how much the whole network relies on Clearpass. Lots of unhappy people around.

New Contributor

can you pls tell me where's  "check status now" button?

MVP

Go to Administration - Agents and software udpates -Software update - check status now.

To check the policy service

Go to Administration - Server configuration - Click on the server - Service Control - And check that the policy server is running. Otherwise, click on start.

Regards,
Borja
ACMX #567 //ACCP//CWNA//CWAP
Occasional Contributor I

Update to 1.48751 solves the issue. Had the same problem with my customer. Just updated, restarted service and it works again. But agree, that shouldn't happen.

New Contributor

Only have CLI access, not GUI, so unsure how force a check/refresh against online and do the AV update

GLD
New Contributor

Hi there,

Can somebody tell me how to do this on the cli?

Regards

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: