Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Assign Tagged VLAN via Radius attribute using "HP-Egress-VLANID" parameter

This thread has been viewed 130 times
  • 1.  Assign Tagged VLAN via Radius attribute using "HP-Egress-VLANID" parameter

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 29, 2016 07:10 PM

Hi

Im trying to get Clearpass return HP-Egress-VLANID attribute to indicate a TAGGED VLAN association for the client device.

According to RFC this value is in bits- http://wiki.freeradius.org/vendor/HP#procurve-port-authentication-special-features_dynamic-vlan-assignment_rfc-4675-multiple-tagged-untagged-vlan-assignment

ClearPass only accepts unsigned integer.. as indicated in its below error message.

Can someone guide me on how to set this attribute to return a vlan-301 as TAGGED?

VLAN301-error.JPG

Thanks

Ram

• 2.  RE: Assign Tagged VLAN via Radius attribute using "HP-Egress-VLANID" parameter
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 29, 2016 07:45 PM

Got it working.. simply converted HEX into decimal value:

HEX 3100012D = DECIMAL 822083885

CP-2530(config)# sh port-access mac-based 23 client det

Port Access MAC-Based Client Status Detailed

Client Base Details :
    Port : 23
    Client Status : authenticated Session Time : 236 seconds
    MAC Address : 00e0bb-22b814 Session Timeout : 0 seconds
    IP : n/a

Access Policy Details :
    COS Map : Not Defined In Limit Kbps : Not Set
    Untagged VLAN : Not Set
    Tagged VLANs : 301
    Port Mode : 1000FDx
    RADIUS ACL List : No Radius ACL List

Regards

Ram

• 3.  RE: Assign Tagged VLAN via Radius attribute using "HP-Egress-VLANID" parameter

Posted Jun 09, 2016 11:50 AM

Not working for me...

I can use decimal value and that VSA to send untagged vlan.. but doesn't seem to be working for tagged...  I think it's the switch.

It'd be great to get some radius debug from HPE OS.. do you have any clues ?

• 4.  RE: Assign Tagged VLAN via Radius attribute using "HP-Egress-VLANID" parameter

Posted Jun 10, 2016 04:12 AM

In retrospect.. mine's not working for untagged either...

• 5.  RE: Assign Tagged VLAN via Radius attribute using "HP-Egress-VLANID" parameter

Posted Jun 10, 2016 04:24 AM

I'm doing this on a brand new 2530, running Software revision  : YB.16.01.000..

FYI.. if anyone wants to pipe in and provide some feedback..

• 6.  RE: Assign Tagged VLAN via Radius attribute using "HP-Egress-VLANID" parameter

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 01, 2016 06:19 AM

Instead of the HP-Egress-VLANID you can also use now "HPE-Egress-VLAN-Name = 1VOICE".

Use "1" in front of the Vlan name if you want to use a tag en use "2" for untagging.

attribute.jpg

• 7.  RE: Assign Tagged VLAN via Radius attribute using "HP-Egress-VLANID" parameter

Posted Sep 01, 2016 09:21 PM

I never commented back on this thread after I raised it..

I ended up finding out that I think the switch software needs to support RFC4675 to be able to support parsing RADIUS attribute tagged vlan id.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4675.

That was my issue at the time.. The HPE switch model explicitly lacked RFC4675 support, where as other models higher up in the portfolio did support it.

• 8.  RE: Assign Tagged VLAN via Radius attribute using "HP-Egress-VLANID" parameter

Posted Sep 01, 2016 09:21 PM

Aka, the 2530 does not support RFC4675.

• 9.  RE: Assign Tagged VLAN via Radius attribute using "HP-Egress-VLANID" parameter

Posted May 10, 2018 07:48 AM

Where did you find the info that the 2530's don't support RFC4675?  Is there a list somewhere of switches that do and don't support it?  I have a variety of switch models in my environmnet and I'm trying to figure out how many of them this will actually work for.

• 10.  RE: Assign Tagged VLAN via Radius attribute using "HP-Egress-VLANID" parameter

Posted May 10, 2018 09:16 PM

That was two years ago.. maybe with some re-invigoration .. new OS release they might.. but pretty sure they were trying to clamp down on low end models doing everything.. just purely to push people up the footprint/form factor stack.  I just searched the datasheet online.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/home/productSelector?psiTask=manuals&sp4ts.oid=5333803 and string searched my way through the 'support protocols' section for '4675'

• 11.  RE: Assign Tagged VLAN via Radius attribute using "HP-Egress-VLANID" parameter

Posted Dec 17, 2019 02:21 PM

old thread but just wanted to share that some time ago i had tagged VLAN and non tagged VLAN (voice and data setup) work on both 2620 and 2530 (firmware RA.15.10.0013).

[edit] method mentioned by networkingsire used.