Security

New Contributor

Authentication Sources Behavior

I'm fairly new to ClearPass recently migrating to it from Cisco ACS. I feel like I have a decent grasp of the platform, but I'm hitting some road blocks as part of the migration and I'm hoping this is a simple question.

When a rejection is received from an authentication source in a service, will ClearPass move onto the next authentication source in the list or will it terminate the entire auth session after receiving the reject?

Re: Authentication Sources Behavior

The authentication request will only ever hit one service. It'll be the first one that matches it (top down).
Cheers
James

-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216
-----------Mobility First Expert #11----------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Guru Elite

No. An authentication failure is an authentication failure and results in a REJECT. The authentication source ordering is for user lookup. If the user is found, it will perform authentication.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480

Yeah, what Tim said. I misread the question and answered regarding services! Doh!
Cheers
James

-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216
-----------Mobility First Expert #11----------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: