Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Auto Create MAC Auth Account

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Auto Create MAC Auth Account

Posted Jun 10, 2012 08:09 AM

Hi all,

I have managed to create Auto Create MAC Auth Account, based on the guide it mentioned that we need to assign the user to different role.

example:

role: Guest -  has Auto Create MAC Auth Account script

role: MAC-Guest - display name

so when i create guest account, the guest account role will be set as "Guest", Once the guest use the account, the guest device mac address will be captured, and the guest account role will be set to "MAC-Guest".

My question is what are the advantage of doing this ?

The issue that i have with that setup is when the guest account use by multiple device.the first device MAC address will captured to amigopod, but not the second. this is because once the first device uses the guest accont, the role will be changed to "Mac-Guest" which doesnt have the Auto Create MAC Auth Account script.

thanks

Hendro

• 2.  RE: Auto Create MAC Auth Account

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 10, 2012 08:49 AM

hendro.lesmono@bt.com wrote:

Hi all,

I have managed to create Auto Create MAC Auth Account, based on the guide it mentioned that we need to assign the user to different role.

example:

role: Guest -  has Auto Create MAC Auth Account script

role: MAC-Guest - display name

so when i create guest account, the guest account role will be set as "Guest", Once the guest use the account, the guest device mac address will be captured, and the guest account role will be set to "MAC-Guest".

My question is what are the advantage of doing this ?

The issue that i have with that setup is when the guest account use by multiple device.the first device MAC address will captured to amigopod, but not the second. this is because once the first device uses the guest accont, the role will be changed to "Mac-Guest" which doesnt have the Auto Create MAC Auth Account script.

thanks

Hendro

Do you have Amigopod 3.7 or 3.9?  If you upgrade to 3.9 it is a great deal more straightforward...

• 3.  RE: Auto Create MAC Auth Account

Posted Jun 10, 2012 12:53 PM

Im on 3.7