Security

Occasional Contributor I

* Automatic download and install is disabled

Hi Everyone, 

I recently upgraded to my cppm cluster to 6.7.0 and have had all the licences converted and added in . I also have added in my HPE passport credentials.

The problem i appear to be having is under Posture & Profile Data Updates, posture, windows hotfixes and endpoint staus is " needs update"

I notice just underneath there is an asterix that states * Automatic download and install is disabled.

Is there a way to turn auto download on , or do I have to manually update by clicking on the import updates button ?Capture.PNG

Guru Elite

Re: * Automatic download and install is disabled

From the release notes:

"Customers who use OnGuard or who use endpoint profiling must explicitly enable two new cluster-wide parameters in order to continue receiving automatic updates, even if they received automatic OnGuard or profiling updates prior to the 6.7.0 release."

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ClearPass/CP_ReleaseNotes_6.7.0/Default.htm#WhatsNew/ImportantChanges.htm

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Occasional Contributor II

This is not entirely true. You need to change your clusterwide options to allow it per this link

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ClearPass/6.7/PolicyManager/index.htm#CPPM_UserGuide/Admin/Software_Updates.htm#top

NOTE: In a ClearPass cluster, the Import Updates option is available on the Publisher node only.
By default, updates for Posture Signature, Windows Hotfixes, and Endpoint Profile Fingerprints are not automatically downloaded and installed. To set these updates to be automatic, you must set the following Cluster-Wide Parameters to TRUE:
* Automatically download Posture Signature and Windows Hotfixes Updates
* Automatically download Endpoint Profile Fingerprints
For details, refer to General Parameters .

Guru Elite

Sorry, what’s not true?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480

That you only need to create that enforcement profile. In fact, it had actually zero bearing on enabling the auto updates for software. 

Let me rephrase, the quote that you posted applies to OnGuard, which while there is an enforcement profile that needs to be created, it does not apply to the OPs question about the actual software updates and the answer to that question is in the link I posted about the actual cluster wide options that need to be changed. 

@Jeff.Hwrote:

That you only need to create that enforcement profile. In fact, it had actually zero bearing on enabling the auto updates for software. 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: