11-20-2013 07:53 AM
What are you guys using for automizing your Clearpass backups? Is using the Avenda external data puller the only way or is anyone doing it with Kiwi CatTools or any other software?
11-20-2013 07:56 AM - edited 11-20-2013 08:44 PM
There is the backup puller on the support site that most use. There is a windows and Linux version
--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.
--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
05-15-2014 07:28 PM
FYI - Using the following procedure but no love ?
Windows Installer Instructions:
1. Download the External Data Puller application from our support site under the Software Downloads -> ClearPass -> Tools -> External Data Puller directory.
ExtDataPuller_64.zip <-- Windows 64-bit installer
ExtDataPuller_32.zip <-- Windows 32-bit installer
2. Extract the installer into a folder and run "setup.exe". Depending on the architecture of the system, the application installs either in "C:/Program Files" or "C:/Program Files (x86)"
3. The configuration directory of the application is --
4. After the installation, edit the "datapuller.conf" in the configuration directory to provide the following details :
-- eTIPS/CPPM Server IP Address (only one node in the cluster is required)
-- Administration username
-- Administration password
If required create a separate External Data Puller account on the eTIPS Administration.
5. Restart the "Avenda External Data Puller Client" Service.
6. Once the service is up and running, it downloads the configuration dumps from the eTIPS cluster and stores it in the following directory.
This location can be altered by modifying the "datacollector.conf" in the config directory
05-15-2014 08:29 PM
Please excuse my errors as sent using my small useless keyboard on my smartphone.
Danny Jump | Technical Marketing Engineer - Networking Services | Aruba Networks
o: 408-513-8938<408-513-8938> (diverts to cell)
Snr Tech Marketing Engineer - ClearPass
-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.