Security

Frequent Contributor II

BYOD

a Customer needs  BYOD functinalities 

most imposrtant is Quota management ( give Cetain Fixed BW to a user , but  force this BW to user even if user is connecting from multiple devices ... ex : if user limit is 1 M  & he connected from PC , IPAD & LapTop , then he should get total of 1 M for all )

the question is :

is this function mentioned above doable with Aruba ?  how will i identify that this is the same user connecting from different machines ?

what is BYOD Check list/Questionarire by which i can check with customer what BYOD features he is interested in ?

Aruba

Re: BYOD

When it comes to download limitations. CPPM can trigger off of total download, Time online, Device count and a few others but it does not control the bandwidth a user would use. That would be setup in your controller/AP/Switch/Firewall.

CPPM can trigger roles that are residing in those device but can not enforce the limits on our own.

For example in my lab I have a role in my controller for students that only get a 5 meg up and down bandwidth for each device, but again that is enforced by the controller I just trigger that role based on the user or device.

band.png

bandwidth.png

Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Frequent Contributor II

Re: BYOD

[ Edited ]

Thanks alot 

i understood that , CPPM will trigger & Controller will limit

For the point of :

if user limit is 1 M  & he connected from PC , IPAD & LapTop , then the target is to limit him to get total of 1 M for all ( not 1 M for each )

the question is :

is this function mentioned above doable with Aruba ?  how will i identify that this is the same user connecting from different machines & if identified will i be able to apply such limit ?

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: