Security

New Contributor

Backup CPPM

Does anyone know of a way to backup Clearpass Policy Manager without going into the GUI? I've tried from the CLI but the backup command does not give an option for backup to say a TFTP. I also cannot connect with WinSCP to establish an SSH connection. Any help would be appreciated.

MVP

Re: Backup CPPM

Sorry to revive this thread but does anybody have a proper way to automate backups?

This realy should be scriptable and the CLI backup command doesn't seem to leave place for indeed ftp or any other server option tpo transfer your backups to.

Koen (ACMX #351 | ACDX #547 | ACCP)

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
Regular Contributor I

Can backup's be done durring normal working hours? It doesn't stop services does it?

Aruba

This would depend on what you are backing up. If you want to do a full back up its not recommended. CPPM will do an automatic backup every night. You can configure if you want just config or config/sessions

backup.png

The backup runs around 1 am every night. Currently the time is a locked in value.

backupfolder.png

Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Occasional Contributor II

Is there a way to offload the backup to a samba or nfs share? I can run a script on a linux machine to do the file copy however, there do not appear to be any options to do this under the appadmin login through ssh.The automated backup feature is great until the harddrive on the clear pass server dies.

Guru Elite

keithcr wrote:

Is there a way to offload the backup to a samba or nfs share? I can run a script on a linux machine to do the file copy however, there do not appear to be any options to do this under the appadmin login through ssh.The automated backup feature is great until the harddrive on the clear pass server dies.

Keithcr,

Please take a look at the knowledgebase article here:  https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/FAQ/CPPM-External-Data-Puller-Tool-to-automatically-pull-CPPM-backups and see if that meets you rneeds...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Occasional Contributor II

That works perfectly! Thanks!

Super Contributor II

[ Edited ]

Is this tool only available to customers who have purchased directly from Aruba?

Aruba

Just PM me and I will get you a copy
Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
New Contributor

Hello, could someone tell me how to deal with two pairs of cluster CPPM. I test on the first cluster that is ok, I try to change the config file-info to put a second cluster but it does not work, only the first is ok. I'm version 6.1
Thank you for your help

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: