Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Bandwidth Quota Enforcement

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Bandwidth Quota Enforcement

Posted Aug 14, 2017 10:28 PM

I am new to using ClearPass. I would like to setup per user bandwidth enforcements for students and guest users. Not exactly sure how to go about setting this up. I want to limit guest users to 2MB and students to 5MB during peak hours, and increase the limit during off-peak hours. How do i go about setting this up?

Here is version of Clear Pass: ClearPass Policy Manager 6.6.4.91777 on CP-VA-5K platform

• 2.  RE: Bandwidth Quota Enforcement

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 14, 2017 10:30 PM

Did you mean 2GB and 5GB? A user will swallow up 2MB in about 5 seconds.

• 3.  RE: Bandwidth Quota Enforcement

Posted Aug 15, 2017 12:44 AM

Looks like he is talking about bandwidth contracts.

You can do that per SSID, per user role and so on.

I don't think you can do time based bandwidth contract with only controller but a Radius server like ClearPass can be used to accomplish this.

If you can share more details about your existing setup, may be we can work on it.

• 4.  RE: Bandwidth Quota Enforcement
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 15, 2017 11:30 AM

Why not make it 5Mbps  all the time and  you would set this bandwidth contract on the controller. 5Mbps is minimum requirement to stream HD quality on netflix. 2Mbps I would hotspot to my phone and get better speeds.  - Just my opinion you would want users on the wireless not off the wireless.

• 5.  RE: Bandwidth Quota Enforcement

Posted Aug 25, 2017 08:16 AM

I've created bandwidth contracts on the controller per user role, this is working for me.