Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Best Practice For ClearPass with VIA VPN?

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Best Practice For ClearPass with VIA VPN?

Posted Jul 08, 2015 05:23 PM

Is there any documentation showing best practice or samples for configuring ClearPass with an Aruba Controller using VIA?

• 2.  RE: Best Practice For ClearPass with VIA VPN?

Posted Jul 08, 2015 06:05 PM
    There isn't a doc but what are you trying to do and I can try pointing you in the right direction

• 3.  RE: Best Practice For ClearPass with VIA VPN?

Posted Jul 10, 2015 10:26 AM

I want to get a basic setup working first with just username/password authentication using ClearPass Policy Manager to pass a role back to the controller. Once I get that working I would expand it to include different roles based on if a device can do EAP-TLS authentication with a CP Onboard cert, or based on AD group membership of the userid, etc.

• 4.  RE: Best Practice For ClearPass with VIA VPN?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 10, 2015 10:39 AM

These should help you get started.

via-a-1.PNG

via-a-2.PNG

via-b-1.PNG

via-b-2.PNG

via-b-3.PNG

• 5.  RE: Best Practice For ClearPass with VIA VPN?

Posted Mar 11, 2016 08:33 AM

I do not see in RADIUS request the NAS-Port-Type field with the value "Virtual (5)".

I see instead this value: "802.11 (19)", what may be wrong? 

• 6.  RE: Best Practice For ClearPass with VIA VPN?

Posted Mar 20, 2016 11:49 AM

that would point to your request coming over wireless, are you certain this is a VIA request and nothing somethin from the wireless  network?

• 7.  RE: Best Practice For ClearPass with VIA VPN?

Posted Sep 25, 2017 12:55 PM

Tim, 

My question is in reference to your Authentication Method you created for EAP TLS, Which bits did you flip in that customized Method to get things to work with your CA? 

We run our own Root CA here and I'm trying to get this bugger to perform VIA over EAP-TLS now instead of MSCHAPv2..

I've got my CA uploaded to my ClearPass and all of my clients have Certs pushed via GPO so I think I'm good there.  Not sure how to groom my AuthMethod. 

Also any coaching on the Controller side would be greatly assistive. As I can see it the only two VIA Auth Methods supported are PAP and MSCHAPv2.

My connection profile seems to be correct as I See it here. Any coaching would be appreciative. VIA_ConnectionProfile.jpg

Thanks a TON in advance.