Security

Contributor I

Best SSID for guest

Dear AIRHEADS members,

This is the first post for me here, since I'm new in Aruba networks technologies and I have some quastion about guest deployment I want to do, and if you have any suggestion (best practise or implementation guide).

My senario:

We want to brodcasting SSID for guest on our Point Of Sale locations, I think in two senario and I did not have an idea about if any of them are applicable or not:

First senario:

I will confugure Captive Portal with field that enforce the guest to fill it with his mobile number, then the ClearPass will create a guest account automatically with username (his mobile number) and random password and send this credential to him by SMS, and this guest account come with predifined quota and/or expire date (some restriction will be applied on this guest account)

Second senario:

SSID with PSK, and I need to applie some restriction on each session (quota, BW per user, Time-Based ACL ... something like this), I think this senario is so deficalt since I need accounts and AAA accouning for this users, please advise.

I know this is wide question, new ideas is very welcome.

Warm regards,

MVP

Re: Best SSID for guest

Both options can be accomplish with ClearPass and with an Aruba Controller
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Aruba Employee

Re: Best SSID for guest

For 1. 

You should look at the ClearPass Guest Deployment Guide that corresponds to your version here and in guide  look for Guest Self Registration:  http://support.arubanetworks.com/DOCUMENTATION/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx?EntryId=8277

For 2. 

we can do this by Aruba Firewall rules. In a user role, you can put uplink and downstreem bandwidth contract "/user" or "/role". time ranges can be configures in firewall policies and mapped to the role. 

Vinod Kumaar AVM ACMX, ACDX
Principal Network Engineer
Customer Advocacy | Aruba Networks Inc.

Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution" in the bottom right hand corner of the post.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: