Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Block / Restrict Facebook Live?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Block / Restrict Facebook Live?

Posted Mar 07, 2017 11:18 PM

Is there a way to block Facebook Live while being able to continue providing access to Facebook proper?  The Healthcare organization I work for has HIPAA concerns over patients using Facebook Live on the guest network in some areas of the hospital.  Network is composed of 7200 Master/Local pair and AP-225's.

• 2.  RE: Block / Restrict Facebook Live?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 07, 2017 11:19 PM
    It uses the Facebook CDN so there's really no way to identify it vs regular Facebook traffic.

• 3.  RE: Block / Restrict Facebook Live?

Posted Mar 09, 2017 09:20 AM

I can understand blocking it in some areas if it is policy but to expand on this question I would think Facebook live would also have some benefits to patients in other areas like their rooms to communicate with kids and family at home.  That said I am curious if the restrictions are only for certain areas would Aruba have a way to block this access (say entire facebook block" from just certail AP groups?  Would this just be a a different role for those areas?

• 4.  RE: Block / Restrict Facebook Live?

Posted Mar 09, 2017 09:54 AM

The areas of concern are dual-occupancy patient rooms and Pre/Post-Op areas where there are several patients in a common area, where a live "broadcast" could inadvertantly expose another patient's medical info or identity.  Nursing staff has been placed in the position of having to police this stuff, and they have more important things to do. On some occasions these situations have escalated into conflict and in order to avoid the situation, there are discussions of blocking these sorts telepresence apps entirely on the guest network. We would instead make hospital-owned and hardened tablets available for patients to use for Skype, but to me that's just another thing that the Nursing staff would need to manage, and then you have the whole device sanitation issue to deal with.  Oh the tangled web we weave...

• 5.  RE: Block / Restrict Facebook Live?

Posted Mar 09, 2017 09:57 AM

Makes sense.