Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Bulk creation of certificates

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Bulk creation of certificates

Posted May 14, 2015 12:54 AM

Hi

Does anybody know if there is a way to bulk create user certificates in Clearpass. Due to the devices limitations I need to gerenate the certificate manually as they can onboard.

I have been able to import the accounts into the local DB on the clearpass server but have not found a way to bulk obtain a ceetificate for them. With 1000+ users I don't really want to do it manually.

Thanks

Ryan

• 2.  RE: Bulk creation of certificates
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 14, 2015 03:01 AM

Clearpass is designed to be a selfservice/BYOD Certificate generation product today. It is not designed to create bulk certs. It would be a great feature request. 

• 3.  RE: Bulk creation of certificates

Posted May 14, 2015 11:11 PM

Thanks.

I thought that was the case. Thanks for the update.

• 4.  RE: Bulk creation of certificates

Posted May 15, 2015 11:14 AM

Ryan,

I want to come back to this thread. Within the 6.5 rerlease of CPPM we have added a lot of API orchestration. This includes a WHOLE section on onboarding. You could use the new API's to automate the creation via script of certs etc. 

To get started take alook at a 6.5 node under htis URL   https://your_cppm_ip@/api-docs

You'll need to create created an API Client. The API Client you create should be of type 'client_credentials' (to start with) and 'Super Administrator' as the Operator Profile. You can lock this down later.

HTH