Security

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CP Guest - Twitter Social Login Error

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  CP Guest - Twitter Social Login Error

MVP
    Posted Nov 05, 2015 12:11 PM

Hi all,

Working on some social login's for the guest page and can't seem to get twitter to function like the rest. We have Facebook, Google, and LinkedIn working, but Twitter is not.

I have an Alias of Auth-Twitter configured with the following settings:

name   api.twitter.com

name   twimg.com

name   *.twitter.com

I have an ACL allowing that alias with HTTP/HTTPS and I have it whitelisted in the captive portal profile.

We created the Twitter app, but I don't know if I have all the settings I need or not. Please see the error here:

Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 11.07.19 AM.png

Any ideas here? Anybody have a guide on how to create the Twitter app and what to use for Client ID and Client Secret?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: CP Guest - Twitter Social Login Error
    Best Answer

MVP
    Posted Nov 05, 2015 01:37 PM

Update -

In our configuration on the Twitter Dev App, we did not enter a "Callback URL" because it was not required. We went back and entered in the customer's company website as a place holder and it seems to have bypassed the error and gets us to the login page. Formatting on the page does not seem completely correct, so we are going to check our whitelist configuration. Will update if it's fixed 100%.

Image-001-[2015-11-05].png