Security

MVP

CP Guest - check blacklist for self-registration

Hello!

Got a self-registration portal with password sendt as SMS to the supplied cellphonenumber.

Now - to avoid internal users using the guest network for their various devices we have a long list of known cellphonenumbers that should be check as a blacklist which should stop registration.

I know you can check for validPhoneNumber and edit the array there, but thats sorta difficult to maintain. The list is already in a php serverpage so ideally it could make a check against this before allowing the registration to complete.

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

Regards
John Solberg

-ACMX #316 :: ACCP-
Intelecom - Norway
----------------------------
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!
Aruba

Re: CP Guest - check blacklist for self-registration

I don't think this is currently supported with the validation architecture today.  You could file an RFE for this type of functionality if you had a bit more detail (by "PHP serverpage" I assume you mean some kind of HTTP based lookup would be used to determine if the phone number is on the blacklist or not?)

MVP

>>>>by "PHP serverpage" I assume you mean some kind of HTTP based lookup would be used to determine if the phone number is on the blacklist or not?) Exactly right. But without that feature - would it be possible to have several thousand numbers in the validation array for the field?

Regards
John Solberg

-ACMX #316 :: ACCP-
Intelecom - Norway
----------------------------
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!
Aruba

jsolb wrote:
 would it be possible to have several thousand numbers in the validation array for the field?

In principle, it is possible.  In practice, the management of that could be somewhat of a challenge.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: