Security

last person joined: 6 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CP Guest username question

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  CP Guest username question

Posted Jun 28, 2013 05:47 AM

Hi,

I got 2 questions about CP Guest and the username.

1. When I create a account, is it possible then to have the username already filled in Login box ?

2. Is there a way to be able to have the username filled when I access the Login page ? Something like the username is linked to the MAC address ?

Thanks.

Regards

Dimitri

• 2.  RE: CP Guest username question

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 28, 2013 06:18 AM

@Boxcar wrote:

Hi,

I got 2 questions about CP Guest and the username.

1. When I create a account, is it possible then to have the username already filled in Login box ?

2. Is there a way to be able to have the username filled when I access the Login page ? Something like the username is linked to the MAC address ?

Thanks.

Regards

Dimitri

The Under "Guest Self-Registration" the option "Enable guest login to a Network Access Server" will allow this:

logintonas.png

• 3.  RE: CP Guest username question

Posted Jun 28, 2013 06:25 AM

Thanks but how does-it work ? I have enable this option and doesn't see any differencies at this time.

Regards

Dimitri

• 4.  RE: CP Guest username question
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 28, 2013 06:35 AM

Please see page 181 on the document here:  http://support.arubanetworks.com/DOCUMENTATION/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=10987 for the workflow.

When a guest self-registers, enabling that option (Enable Guest login to a NAS) will put in another page where the guest can just click on a button and log him/herself in.  If you have the option "Require sponsor confirmation prior to enabling the account", the guest must wait until the sponsor approves it, and the login page will reflect that".

You can simulate this by going through the guest self-registration.  It only occurs when a guest self-registers.  

Mac caching is the only other method that can automatically log a guest in, and you cannot redirect to a page where the username is put in automatically when the mac address is known.

• 5.  RE: CP Guest username question

Posted Jun 28, 2013 06:38 AM

Thanks for the link. Will see this.