Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CP Guest wifi, self registration... login with username only, no password?

This thread has been viewed 27 times
  • 1.  CP Guest wifi, self registration... login with username only, no password?

Posted Mar 17, 2015 08:10 AM

We want to remove the need to create and enter a password, so self registered guest users simply enter their email address as a username.  Ive enabled this on the lgoin page, so it doest ask for a passwsord, but the self reg receipt is still showing a password, and I cant see how to disable it. 

~~Nevermind, just found it in forms!  doh...  but does this remove the need for the password, or merely not show it on the receipt?

Think this just removes it from view, so I do need to know how to simply allow access using the registered email address alone.. thanks

• 2.  RE: CP Guest wifi, self registration... login with username only, no password?

Posted Mar 17, 2015 09:27 AM

Go to your Self Registration page and edit the receipt form. Disable the password feild. This should hide it from displaying

Missed your edit. I believe that it only hides it form displaying on the page.

_ELiasz

• 3.  RE: CP Guest wifi, self registration... login with username only, no password?

Posted Mar 17, 2015 10:58 AM

Yeah.. got there in the end thanks!

Although this removed the fields, I wasnt then able to logiin using the username only.  I have changed the following on the Web Login Form:

AUTHENTICATION:  Access Code requires a single code (username) to be entered.

This then told me I had to set the PRE-AUTH CHECK  to Local, which I did.

Am I missing anything else?

• 4.  RE: CP Guest wifi, self registration... login with username only, no password?

Posted Mar 18, 2015 04:55 AM

Decided to edit post above as the other q I asked was off original topic... so still looking for help on how to disable the need for a password an simply use the users email address to login.

Thanks

• 5.  RE: CP Guest wifi, self registration... login with username only, no password?

Posted Jun 03, 2015 08:42 PM

Did you end up getting this working? I'm looking at doing something similiar myself. 

scott

• 6.  RE: CP Guest wifi, self registration... login with username only, no password?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 09, 2015 06:16 PM

Maybe it is not clear but the Authentication field has the following in the description "Access Code and Anonymous require the account to have the Username Authentication field set.".  "Username Authentication" is also known as 'username_auth'.  Insert/Enable this field in your self-registration and ensure its Initial Value is 1.  These special accounts now allow no password to be entered.  On the receipt page you simply hide password or make it a hidden.

• 7.  RE: CP Guest wifi, self registration... login with username only, no password?

Posted Jul 09, 2015 06:34 PM

Hi gbenedict,

thanks for the additional info. 

When i was working with the TAC on this they didn't suggest adding the username_auth field into the import file. I'll give that a try now as it may be what i need. 

My use case doesn't involve any self registration as such. My client has a list of updated "customer id"s that they get from head office each day. The workflow they want is for this list to be updated daily to provide access only to people on the list each day. if i can get this field to import it will make the process a lot simpler. 

the other hurdle i have is the limitation of 1000 rows per import. I'm dealing with approx 7-10k users, is there any way to overcome this limitation?

• 8.  RE: CP Guest wifi, self registration... login with username only, no password?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 09, 2015 06:44 PM

Well, I would make sure the accounts get the right expiration (expire_after=24 or something).

For something this routine and size you really should be using an API and script it up.  Preferably the new REST API.  A few lines of Perl or language of choice can go a long ways.

• 9.  RE: CP Guest wifi, self registration... login with username only, no password?

Posted Jul 09, 2015 07:05 PM

thats the next stage, i have to conquer my fear of scripting first!

As for the original issue of importing the username_auth field what you have suggested worked perfectly, thankyou!

I didn't realise i could import any named attribute!

Scott

• 10.  RE: CP Guest wifi, self registration... login with username only, no password?

Posted Jul 09, 2015 07:07 PM

i just realised i've replied to the wrong thread!

the issue in related thread http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/Guest-login-with-username-only-bulk-imported-users/m-p/242318#M21053 has been resolved!

• 11.  RE: CP Guest wifi, self registration... login with username only, no password?

Posted Dec 13, 2019 10:13 AM

How to set the username_auth attribute to an existing account?

Or to a new account?