Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CP LDAP Group Internet Access

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  CP LDAP Group Internet Access

Posted Dec 18, 2017 10:22 AM

Dear Community

A customer have asked me about the possibility to give user access to the wifi based on the LDAP Securtiy group a couple of days ago.

This part is easy. Next question was, it is possible to activate or deactivate it via a portal (like guest access). 

His dream is, that the teacher can activate or deactive the Wifi Access based on a security group for all students in class via a Web GUI. 

That's not so easy, I think. 

Have someone an idea how it can be solved?

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: CP LDAP Group Internet Access

Posted Dec 19, 2017 01:56 AM
    Maybe you can use a web site pushing script of ClearPass API to enable/disable this LDAP group, or setting time range for it in the service, good luck

• 3.  RE: CP LDAP Group Internet Access

Maybe you can use a web site pushing script of ClearPass API to enable/disable this LDAP group, or setting time range for it in the service, good luck

• 4.  RE: CP LDAP Group Internet Access

• 5.  RE: CP LDAP Group Internet Access

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 20, 2017 06:50 AM

For the purpose you describe, it may make sense to have a look at classroom management software. I heard there was a free version of LanSchool available for Aruba customers in the past, not sure if that is still available, but it looks there is LanSchool Lite without cost. I have not tried it myself.

• 6.  RE: CP LDAP Group Internet Access

Posted Dec 20, 2017 08:20 AM

Hi

@Herman Robers: That are all BYOD. And for research during the class used. That means, a classroom management software are over skill. But thanks for the idea.

@Cana: That could be a solution.

Thanks for helping!