Security

Contributor I

CP LDAP Group Internet Access

Dear Community

A customer have asked me about the possibility to give user access to the wifi based on the LDAP Securtiy group a couple of days ago.

This part is easy. Next question was, it is possible to activate or deactivate it via a portal (like guest access). 

His dream is, that the teacher can activate or deactive the Wifi Access based on a security group for all students in class via a Web GUI. 

That's not so easy, I think. 

Have someone an idea how it can be solved?

Thanks in advance.

Frequent Contributor I

Re: CP LDAP Group Internet Access

Maybe you can use a web site pushing script of ClearPass API to enable/disable this LDAP group, or setting time range for it in the service, good luck

Ricardo Luis Cañavate García - ACMP / ACCA / ACCP / ACDX#972
Frequent Contributor I

Maybe you can use a web site pushing script of ClearPass API to enable/disable this LDAP group, or setting time range for it in the service, good luck

Frequent Contributor I

For the purpose you describe, it may make sense to have a look at classroom management software. I heard there was a free version of LanSchool available for Aruba customers in the past, not sure if that is still available, but it looks there is LanSchool Lite without cost. I have not tried it myself.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Contributor I

Hi

@Herman Robers: That are all BYOD. And for research during the class used. That means, a classroom management software are over skill. But thanks for the idea.

@Cana: That could be a solution.

Thanks for helping! 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: