Security

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPGuest - Customise Create Guest User Account

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  CPGuest - Customise Create Guest User Account

Posted Jan 22, 2014 11:42 AM

Hi All,

I would like any user in our AD to be able to ceate a Guest User Account, so far so good, created a service so that any user authenticated by AD on to CPGuest (https://cppmserver/guest) is put into the Receptionist Role and only sees the Create Guest User Account option in ClearPass Guest.

Now, I would like to customise the Create Guest User Account page to hide some fields, set our own defaults and remove the Accept T&C's checkbox.

Any ideas/help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nigel

• 2.  RE: CPGuest - Customise Create Guest User Account
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 22, 2014 11:48 AM

First go to Forms & Views, find the create_user form and click Edit Fields

guest-createuser.PNG

Find the field you want to hide and click edit.

guest-terms.PNG

Change the user interface to hidden field and uncheck Field Required. If you want to supply a value in the background, add it to "Initial Value"

guest-hidden.PNG

• 3.  RE: CPGuest - Customise Create Guest User Account

Posted Jan 23, 2014 09:07 AM

Thanks for the input, worked nicely, the create_user page has been modified and does exactly what I want for all AD Users.

I have now moved on a stage and again have become stuck.

When a user is created the Role is set to [Geust] and can not be changed. I have a second group of users that can create users but they must only be allow to create a user with the Role of [Contractor].

Niether group of users should be able to see or change the Role.

Best Regards,

Nigel

• 4.  RE: CPGuest - Customise Create Guest User Account
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 23, 2014 09:21 AM

Operator Logins -> Profiles

Edit the Operator profile you want to modify rights for

Find the row for "User Profiles".

Here you can check the Role you want it to administer/see. To get more roles you create them in CPPM -> Configuration -> Identity -> Role Mapping (need to create the Roles also)

Description of the "User Profiles" field.: Select the visitor account roles that these operators are permitted to use.

• 5.  RE: CPGuest - Customise Create Guest User Account

Posted Jan 23, 2014 01:51 AM
    I would also suggest that you first duplicate the form and make this the form your Receptionist role have access to. To remove a field you could also just Disable it.