Security

Occasional Contributor II

CPGuest - Customise Create Guest User Account

Hi All,

I would like any user in our AD to be able to ceate a Guest User Account, so far so good, created a service so that any user authenticated by AD on to CPGuest (https://cppmserver/guest) is put into the Receptionist Role and only sees the Create Guest User Account option in ClearPass Guest.

Now, I would like to customise the Create Guest User Account page to hide some fields, set our own defaults and remove the Accept T&C's checkbox.

Any ideas/help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nigel

Guru Elite

Re: CPGuest - Customise Create Guest User Account

[ Edited ]

First go to Forms & Views, find the create_user form and click Edit Fields

guest-createuser.PNG

Find the field you want to hide and click edit.

guest-terms.PNG

Change the user interface to hidden field and uncheck Field Required. If you want to supply a value in the background, add it to "Initial Value"

guest-hidden.PNG

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP
MVP

I would also suggest that you first duplicate the form and make this the form your Receptionist role have access to. To remove a field you could also just Disable it.

Regards
John Solberg

-ACMX #316 :: ACCP-
Intelecom - Norway
----------------------------
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for the input, worked nicely, the create_user page has been modified and does exactly what I want for all AD Users.

I have now moved on a stage and again have become stuck.

When a user is created the Role is set to [Geust] and can not be changed. I have a second group of users that can create users but they must only be allow to create a user with the Role of [Contractor].

Niether group of users should be able to see or change the Role.

Best Regards,

Nigel

MVP

Operator Logins -> Profiles

Edit the Operator profile you want to modify rights for

Find the row for "User Profiles".

Here you can check the Role you want it to administer/see. To get more roles you create them in CPPM -> Configuration -> Identity -> Role Mapping (need to create the Roles also)

Description of the "User Profiles" field.: Select the visitor account roles that these operators are permitted to use.

Regards
John Solberg

-ACMX #316 :: ACCP-
Intelecom - Norway
----------------------------
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: