Security

Occasional Contributor II

CPPM%3A How to monitor and record%3B the cpu and bandwidth

-- We wanted to monitor and record the information on “system monitor” as a report or graph format.

-- Monitoring > Live monitoring > System Monitor,  shows the statistics including CPU, memory, physical disk space and swamp disk space.

-- is there a way to save that information in any format (generating it as report or in graph format)?

-- We want to compare those current statistics with old ones. 

Thank you in advance.

Aruba

Re: CPPM%3A How to monitor and record%3B the cpu and bandwidth

There are two ways.

1. You can use airwave. 

airwave.png

In 6.3 CPPM uses Graphite to collect the stats for its metrics. You can access it by going to https://CPPM_address/graphite. I don't believe it has a built in reporting but there are some third party apps that work with it. 

graphite.png

Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.

thank you for your answer:

I have a another query,

Do we have an option to get the output as a report on insight (or in CPPM itself ) on a excell or graph format? 

Or the only way would be to use any external monitoring tool to get the outputs? 

Aruba

[ Edited ]

Nothing natively. You would need to use Airwave or another tool

Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

Do we have any document or aruba KB which explain the procedure to monitor those statistics with CPPM.  

Thank you for your help. 

The Graphite functioanlity Troy poited you to is a brand new feature in the latest 6.3.0 code release. I refer to it as sunrise release in that we have included the core functionality but we will develop additional use-cases and reports in future releases. 

I do have plans to release an intro to Graphite in a TechNote. This should be one of the doc that can be shared past our internal SE/Support.

I will post back here when I have a verion in a state I can share with you all, or you can ping your local Aruba SE for a copy. Expect it to be in 10-14 days time. It will only be a short overview.

Best Regards
-d

Snr Tech Marketing Engineer - ClearPass

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
Contributor I

dannyjump wrote:

The Graphite functioanlity Troy poited you to is a brand new feature in the latest 6.3.0 code release. I refer to it as sunrise release in that we have included the core functionality but we will develop additional use-cases and reports in future releases. 

I do have plans to release an intro to Graphite in a TechNote. This should be one of the doc that can be shared past our internal SE/Support.

I will post back here when I have a verion in a state I can share with you all, or you can ping your local Aruba SE for a copy. Expect it to be in 10-14 days time. It will only be a short overview.

I cant find a way to restrict access to Graphite. Guest users are able to view this information with the appropriate URL and no authentication.

This is a security concern for my customer. Is Aruba working toward implenting some form of access control to this service?

Chris

Aruba

Yes
Thank You,
Troy

Contributor I

I am logging a TAC case for this, but in the mean time can you provide any sort of official response on timeframes for implementation?

Cheers

Chris

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: