Security

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM 6.5 License error

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  CPPM 6.5 License error

Posted Mar 14, 2015 04:19 AM

Hi all,

I am facing a weird problem in new CPPM 6.5,

Previously it was working fine but today after restarting the server its showing 'License Expired', I'm not even able to login through GUI. 

And the most interesting thing is the license [EVAL] is only 10 days old.

LIcense2.jpg

LIcense.jpg

LIcense3.jpg

• 2.  RE: CPPM 6.5 License error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 14, 2015 04:22 AM
    check the vm date and time

• 3.  RE: CPPM 6.5 License error

Posted Mar 14, 2015 05:03 AM

Both are in same time.

• 4.  RE: CPPM 6.5 License error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 14, 2015 05:05 AM
    Send me a private message with the sub ID and I will look at it in the lic system

• 5.  RE: CPPM 6.5 License error

Posted Mar 16, 2015 12:00 PM

i just discovered the same exact thing is occuring for me.  I even tried applying a different license, with the same result. I've also opened a TAC, but if you get a solution, please share!

• 6.  RE: CPPM 6.5 License error

Posted Mar 16, 2015 01:17 PM

As that one is my lab setup, I deleted the VM and again reinstalled and applied a different license.

In my case when I changed the proxy port from 8080 to default one its rebooted and the error occured.

I am also wondering how that happened,

please let me know what TAC suggest you to do....

• 7.  RE: CPPM 6.5 License error

Posted Mar 16, 2015 03:08 PM

I just got off the phone with TAC.  they had to login with arubasupport and delete the old eval licenses from the AppPlatform db.  Sounds like the functionality has changed a bit in 6.5.  In previous versions, when the eval license expired, we would get prompted on the login screen to enter the new lic.  But we dont see it in 6.5 .  They are going to go back with engineering and investigate if its a bug.