Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM CLI admin account

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  CPPM CLI admin account

Posted Oct 22, 2014 03:29 AM

I have changed the default login password for the admin account on ClearPass but this doesn't change the CLI login password for appadmin. How can I change this?

• 2.  RE: CPPM CLI admin account

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 22, 2014 03:34 AM
    I believe its

cluster set-local-password

• 3.  RE: CPPM CLI admin account

Posted Oct 22, 2014 03:35 AM

Will this push the change to the other devices in the cluster or will I have to run the same command on each Subscriber?

• 4.  RE: CPPM CLI admin account

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 22, 2014 03:38 AM
    It's been awhile since I have changed one and I dont have access to my lab to check. If i remember correctly you will have to do it on each one.

• 5.  RE: CPPM CLI admin account

Posted Oct 22, 2014 04:12 AM

After inputting in to the Publisher will the cluster be temporarily broken before I change the subscribers - this is for a customer on a production cluster so I would need to submit a change request detailing the steps and what might go wrong, so I need to be sure. I have a lab but its only got one device, not a cluster.

• 6.  RE: CPPM CLI admin account
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 22, 2014 06:27 AM
    Change the cluster password under server configuration in the GUI and it will propogate down to your subscribers. It is not a service impacting change.

• 7.  RE: CPPM CLI admin account

Posted Oct 22, 2014 07:42 AM

Thanks Tim. I will proceed on that basis.