Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM Guest Login page redirect me back to registration page

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  CPPM Guest Login page redirect me back to registration page

Posted Oct 17, 2017 06:50 AM

Hi all,

Since few weeks I have an issue on a CPPM Guest Page. I configured a self-registration page with sponsorship confirmation. All works correctly but I have to register twice to get connected.

When I try to register the first time, i fill al the field, I click on register and I'm redirect to Login page waiting for confirmation. When confirmation is sent I click on "Login" but I'm redirect to registration page. After that if I try again, so I take another registration with same data (sponsor and name) I'm redirect to Login Page and after receive the confirmation this time it works and I'm redirect to google page as it is configured as default page.

Do you have any idea about where I wrong?

Thanks for your help

Best Regards

Beppe

• 2.  RE: CPPM Guest Login page redirect me back to registration page

Posted Oct 17, 2017 07:36 AM

Is the issue happening with all devices?

• 3.  RE: CPPM Guest Login page redirect me back to registration page

Posted Oct 17, 2017 07:47 AM
    Are you using Aruba wireless ?

Get Outlook for iOS

• 4.  RE: CPPM Guest Login page redirect me back to registration page

Posted Oct 17, 2017 08:14 AM

Hi,

yes, it happens with all device, so for example Win10 and Win10, Apple IoS and Android device.

I'm using Aruba controller.

Thanks

Bye

• 5.  RE: CPPM Guest Login page redirect me back to registration page

Posted Oct 17, 2017 08:38 AM
    Did you replace the default controller certificate that uses the CN securelogin.arubanetworks.com with a third party certificate?

Get Outlook for iOS

• 6.  RE: CPPM Guest Login page redirect me back to registration page

Posted Oct 18, 2017 05:13 AM

I replaced WebUI certificate on the controller few months ago with a self-signed certificate, but CN is empty and it is only used for access WebUI

On CPPM as https certificate there is a valid wildcard certificate with CN: *.mydomain.it.

After check CPPM self-registration page I saw that into Customize Guest Registration, IP address is "securelogin.arubanetworks.com", I tried to set it as guestwipm.mydomain.com but after login I was redirect to https://guestwifipm.mydomain.com which is not correct.

Thank you

• 7.  RE: CPPM Guest Login page redirect me back to registration page

Posted Oct 23, 2017 11:29 AM
    You need replace the default captive portal certificate with a third party certificate, heres more info :
    https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/ArubaOS-Default-Certificate-Revocation-FAQ-Controllers/ta-p/275809

• 8.  RE: CPPM Guest Login page redirect me back to registration page

Posted Oct 25, 2017 02:01 AM

Hi Victor,

so I have to go on Controller  and then Configuration -> Managament -> Certificate and load new third party certificate and after that go to Administration -> Default Captive Portal -> select the new certificate, is it correct?

Could I load wildcard certificate even it is not generate with Wireless Controller's CSR?

Why if the Captive Portal is on CPPM I have to set certificate even on the Wireless Controller? (I'm pretty new on this and I'm trying to understand the issue).

Thanks for your help

Best Regards

Beppe

• 9.  RE: CPPM Guest Login page redirect me back to registration page

Posted Nov 06, 2017 03:48 AM

Hi,

sorry if I've not reply yet but I'm trying to get a public certifiate to test issue. Unfortunately we can't use for the moment wildcard customer's certificate.

I'll keep you update

Thanks for your help

Best Regards

Beppe

• 10.  RE: CPPM Guest Login page redirect me back to registration page

Posted Oct 23, 2017 11:23 AM

Hi,

any suggestions?

Thanks

Beppe

• 11.  RE: CPPM Guest Login page redirect me back to registration page

Posted Nov 24, 2020 08:55 AM
    Hi,

Did this get resolved ? I am getting the same issue ( if I use default cert/securelogin it work - well you get cert errors as expected) 

Any help would be appreciated

------------------------------
    David Hurley

• 12.  RE: CPPM Guest Login page redirect me back to registration page

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 24, 2020 11:49 AM

As mentioned before: you will need to replace the certificate on the IAP/controller by your own. There is no way to make it work with the securelogin.arubanetworks.com, and if you ever see that in configuration or in your browser there is a configuration issue.

If you see certificate warnings at any point in the process, you have a configuration issue and expect it not to work at all or not reliably. Some devices will just stop if they see invalid certificates.

This post/document may help you understand the process and help to solve it.

One very important thing is that you will need to have:
    - A public trusted certificate for your ClearPass & a public trusted certificate for your instant AP or controller.
    or - a multi-SAN or wildcard certificate (also public trusted) that matches both ClearPass and your AP/controller.

If you don't have those, don't even try to troubleshoot what is wrong as it is the certificates to start with.

In case you get stuck, please reach out to Aruba support as they are trained in following the steps and find where the issue lies (and then solve it).

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC.