Security

Occasional Contributor II

CPPM Guest Login page redirect me back to registration page

Hi all,

Since few weeks I have an issue on a CPPM Guest Page. I configured a self-registration page with sponsorship confirmation. All works correctly but I have to register twice to get connected.

When I try to register the first time, i fill al the field, I click on register and I'm redirect to Login page waiting for confirmation. When confirmation is sent I click on "Login" but I'm redirect to registration page. After that if I try again, so I take another registration with same data (sponsor and name) I'm redirect to Login Page and after receive the confirmation this time it works and I'm redirect to google page as it is configured as default page.

Do you have any idea about where I wrong?

Thanks for your help

Best Regards

Beppe

Aruba Employee

Re: CPPM Guest Login page redirect me back to registration page

Is the issue happening with all devices?

Are you using Aruba wireless ?

Get Outlook for iOS
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA

Hi,

yes, it happens with all device, so for example Win10 and Win10, Apple IoS and Android device.

I'm using Aruba controller.

Thanks

Bye

Did you replace the default controller certificate that uses the CN securelogin.arubanetworks.com with a third party certificate?

Get Outlook for iOS
Thank you

Victor Fabian

I replaced WebUI certificate on the controller few months ago with a self-signed certificate, but CN is empty and it is only used for access WebUI

On CPPM as https certificate there is a valid wildcard certificate with CN: *.mydomain.it.

After check CPPM self-registration page I saw that into Customize Guest Registration, IP address is "securelogin.arubanetworks.com", I tried to set it as guestwipm.mydomain.com but after login I was redirect to https://guestwifipm.mydomain.com which is not correct.

Thank you

Hi,

any suggestions?

Thanks

Beppe

You need replace the default captive portal certificate with a third party certificate, heres more info :
https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/ArubaOS-Default-Certificate-Revocation-FAQ-Controllers/ta-p/275809
Thank you

Victor Fabian

Hi Victor,

so I have to go on Controller  and then Configuration -> Managament -> Certificate and load new third party certificate and after that go to Administration -> Default Captive Portal -> select the new certificate, is it correct?

Could I load wildcard certificate even it is not generate with Wireless Controller's CSR?

Why if the Captive Portal is on CPPM I have to set certificate even on the Wireless Controller? (I'm pretty new on this and I'm trying to understand the issue).

Thanks for your help

Best Regards

Beppe

Hi,

sorry if I've not reply yet but I'm trying to get a public certifiate to test issue. Unfortunately we can't use for the moment wildcard customer's certificate.

I'll keep you update

Thanks for your help

Best Regards

Beppe

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: