Security

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM - How to determine DC used for authentication event

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  CPPM - How to determine DC used for authentication event

Posted Sep 29, 2016 10:31 AM

Hello,

How can I determine what domain controller is used for a PEAP-MSCHAPv2 authentication event.  I do not have password servers specified.

The problem I have is one CPPM appliance in my cluster is returning:  MSCHAP: AD status:Access denied (0xc0000022) for all authentication events during certain periods of time over the past week (and now all the time).  I am trying to determine if the problem is with a particular domain controller.  Eight other appliances in cluster are not showing this issue.

Thank you,

David Johnson

• 2.  RE: CPPM - How to determine DC used for authentication event

Posted Oct 05, 2016 03:14 PM

Login to CLI with appadmin credentials and execute 'show domain'. It will display the domain controller that was used to join the ClearPass to the domain. That will be first preferred server for authentication.

If you have defined any password servers, the first in password server list, will be the second preferred server for authentication and so on.