ClearPass Policy Manager  6.6.4.91777 on CP-HW-25K platform

After patching my CPPM cluster, I'm getting hourly reports like this:

Source Monitor

Level ERROR

Category Insight(Sync)

Action

Timestamp Mar 01, 2017 07:23:02 EST

Description Netevent backlog:320457 detected

I've tried turning off Insight on all 3 nodes of the cluster, then all back on but the errors return.

Also I'm not sure if this is a Red Herring, but at the same time, I've started receiving subscription expiration notices, but the systems are less than 6 months old..

SourceClearPass Firmware Update Checker
LevelWARN
CategoryWebService Warning
ActionNone
TimestampMar 01, 2017 07:33:02 EST
Description
Your subscription will expire in 6 days and you will no longer be able to receive updates. Please contact your reseller to renew your subscription.
Mike Davis
Network Engineer
University of Delaware
MVP

Re: CPPM Insight errors after latest cumulative patch

probably best to open a tac case for that

#AirheadsMobile
Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]
KDI
Contributor I

Curious if you ever resolved.

Contributor II

TAC had to login with their support account and remove thousands of files that had queued but couldn't recover in a timely manner after the upgrade was completed.  

Mike Davis
Network Engineer
University of Delaware
KDI
Contributor I

Interesting.  We upgraded from 6.5x to 6.60. Then we updated from 6.60 to 6.63.  We started receving Netevent backlog errors amongst numerous other never before seen errors including a licensing error. Tac gained shell access and deleted files and increased the netevent writers to max.  Under full load during the school year we still see these errors regularly.  We are waiting for school to resume and then will place the Async Netd service in debug mode, collect logs and send them along for further analysis.  

We had battery errors, high cpu errors on appliance designated Insight master, windbind errors, Insight sync unstable errors, all since we hit version 6.6x. Its curious.

While some issues have been resolved I have been told a number of issues will be resolved once 6.7.x is released.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: