Security

MVP

CPPM Self-reg How to have user fill in password on receipt page

Ok,  So basically all I want to do is to force the user to enter the password they received via SMS on the self-reg receipt page.

I know I could no show this receipt page but redirect to the logon page for this but we want to prepopulate the username and pretty much want all the info the self-reg receipt window gives.

So I've tried changing the password field to a simple text field so the user can fill in the password. This works, however the password is prepopulated.

I then tried filling in the Initial value, the placeholder, none of this removes the password so the user is forced to enter it.

What am I missing? How do I achieve my goal here?

Koen (ACMX #351 | ACDX #547 | ACCP)

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
MVP

Re: CPPM Self-reg How to have user fill in password on receipt page

Had the same situation at hand but ended up using the redirect to the login page and just letting them wait till the SMS to log in. 

MVP

You should just be able to create a new field, call it Guest_Password (or whatever) and set the validator to be IsValidPassword. Set the User Interface to "Password Text Field".

Now just edit the receipt page fields and replace the password field with the Guest_Password field you created.

Haven't tested this but I can't see why it wouldn't work.

Cheers
James

-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216
-----------Mobility First Expert #11----------
-------------------------------------------------------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
MVP

I understood the IsValidPassword validator did nothing more then check whether the password entered can actualy be a valid password, like not have any symbols that aren't allowed or anything.

Still, quick enough test to find out. 

MVP

[ Edited ]

After spending some time with support and them claiming this is absolutely not posible on the receipt page, I actually found 2 solutions to this problem.

The first: simply edit the form, make the password field hidden and add the password2 field as textfield and you're done. This method will display the password in the html source code so should not be used!

Another solution is detailed here: https://arubapedia.arubanetworks.com/afp/index.php/How-To:_Clearpass_Guest_Self-Reg_Receipt_Without_Showing_Password

This method works but mind that the pasword field must be disabled, as just hiding it will also give away the password in html code!

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: