12-09-2014 11:45 AM
Current CPPM Version: 188.8.131.52570
I have fallen behind on the CPPM upgrades and would like to get caught up.
I have 5 patches and 2 upgrades that need to be installed.
I was reading in the release notes that Aruba recommends we install all existing patches before upgrading.
My intent was to install patches in the order shown below.
I am wondering about the Upgrades though.
I have read that I can go from our current version directly to version 6.4.0.x. Is this advisable?
Or should I do the 6.3.0.x first?
I was also wondering if I can pre-download all of the upgrades? I am a little concerned about the available disk space to hold all of them.
On a side note, I know that for 6.3.0.x and 6.4.0.x I need to add a new disk for 500GB.
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-09-2014 05:44 PM
So two different questions here.....
s/w Upgrade..... you can go straight from 6.2.6 to 6.4.0, then you have to apply the 6.4.x patch you require....
VM Disk requirements.... please review the changes to the disk layout/allocation before you upgrade.... these are fully documented in the VM install guide/release notes on the support site.
Snr Tech Marketing Engineer - ClearPass
-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
12-10-2014 04:52 AM - edited 12-10-2014 06:34 AM
So I should actually install the s/w Upgrade to go from 6.2.6 to 6.4.0 first? Then check for any additional patches for 6.4.0 that might pop up after upgrade?
Sorry to repeat myself I just want to make sure I understand correctly.
Yes I have been looking at the requirements.
We will need to add a new disk of 500GB based on the vmware image of ClearPass we have.
12-10-2014 07:39 PM - edited 12-10-2014 07:41 PM
This was probably a stupid question but I wanted to make sure I got it right.
Anyway, I went ahead with the upgrades.
I ended up going with what the documentation recommended and installed the patches from within the current release first.
I then install the Upgrade to go to 6.4.x
At that point the subscriber was completely cut off (which I wasn't expecting, but understand why). I then upgraded the subscriber.
Once both CPPM's were on the same version, I installed the new patches within the 6.4.x verion stream.
All went well and the servers are both up and running....and I still have all my hair :D