Security

MVP

CPPM Web Login on Shared Device

Working with a customer who has PC lab's and students share the PCs. They are not joined to the domain and utilize a local account to log into Windows. Customer would like to use a web login page via wired captive portal to keep track of who uses the PC and when they logged in. What would be the best way to setup the web login? Creating the page and URL redirect is easy, but how do i offer a logout option? I know on the Aruba Controller it has the logout page, does CPPM have a way to build a logout button?

Thanks.

Michael Haring | Senior Network Engineer
Comm Solutions, an Optiv Security Company
www.commsolutions.com | www.optiv.com
Guru Elite

Re: CPPM Web Login on Shared Device

The same HTML that logs out an Aruba Captive Portal user will log out a user authenticated via CPPM:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_6.4.4.x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Captive_Portal/Internal_Captive_Portal.htm#captive_portal_2658586545_1085432

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

Re: CPPM Web Login on Shared Device

Ok so do I need to get the html file "auth/logout.html" and upload it to CPPM in order to reference it? 

I can't seem to find the actual code used for it. Also, how does the logout take place since it will be a wired captive portal user on Cisco Switch.

Michael Haring | Senior Network Engineer
Comm Solutions, an Optiv Security Company
www.commsolutions.com | www.optiv.com
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: