Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM - daily download volume quota

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  CPPM - daily download volume quota

Posted Jun 01, 2018 11:30 AM

Hi,

Could someone help me with following? I want to achieve following setup with Clearpass.

1. When a user logs in, he gets a captive portal where he enters his username and password. From then, the MAC adres is cached for 1 day. The following day, he gets the captive portal again.

2. The user gets 100 MB download volume daily. If he exceeds this, he gets disconnected and blocked from furthur access.

3. This download volume is shared between 3 devices. So the sum of all the usage of this devices can't exceed 100 MB. When exceeded all devices get a disconnect.

4. When user tries to reconnect, he gets the error message on the captive portal that his download volume is exceeded.

Many thanks!

Kind regards,

• 2.  RE: CPPM - daily download volume quota

Posted Jun 03, 2018 10:42 AM
    1, 2 & 3 can be achieved by using the guest with mac caching service template.

• 3.  RE: CPPM - daily download volume quota

Posted Jun 04, 2018 04:07 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. Some of them are indeed possible with guest & mac caching. The only think i strugle with is following.

The download limit is measured by session. This means the user gets 250MB per device not per user what I want to achieve.

Kind regards,

Thomas Willems

• 4.  RE: CPPM - daily download volume quota

Posted Jun 04, 2018 04:12 AM

Are you sure? I always thought it was based on user as per the GUI, not per client.

max bandwidth.jpg

• 5.  RE: CPPM - daily download volume quota

Posted Jun 04, 2018 04:20 AM

Hi,

When we tested this, all the devices of 1 user get 250MB download limit. Aruba support said that it isn't possible to send a Radius COA to all the devices which are connected.

Kind regards,

• 6.  RE: CPPM - daily download volume quota

Posted Jun 04, 2018 04:49 AM
    Other devices should be disconnected upon ClearPass receiving the next RADIUS interim accounting packet regarding the device.

I've not tested this out but can see posts on here where others have it working but they needed assistance form TAC to set it up.

• 7.  RE: CPPM - daily download volume quota

Posted Jun 04, 2018 04:51 AM

Hi,

Could you provide me a link to this? Then I can update my case by Aruba support.

Kind regards,

• 8.  RE: CPPM - daily download volume quota

• 9.  RE: CPPM - daily download volume quota

Posted Jun 04, 2018 05:22 AM

Where do you see that a user is using more then 1 device?

Kind regards,

• 10.  RE: CPPM - daily download volume quota

Posted Jun 11, 2018 05:06 AM

Someone any ideas?